Safari North Zoo Monkey Munch - Muddy Buddies Recipe
Monkey Munch Ingredients
- 1 (12 oz) box Rice Chex Cereal (or similar brand)
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (2 lb) bag powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups banana chips
Easy Peasy Instructions
- In a very large bowl add the entire box of Rice Chex cereal and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium space pan over medium heat. Stir ingredients until melted.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir together gently with a spatula until all the cereal pieces are completely covered in chocolate.
- Add half of the bag of powdered sugar to the chocolate cereal and mix. Keep adding powdered sugar and mix until the cereal is completely white.
- Mix in the banana chips.
- Store in an airtight container. Lasts in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Go Off-Road With These Optional Additions
- Add 1 cup pretzel sticks for a truly wild sweet & salty experience or,
- Add 1 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut & 1 cup dried pineapple for a more tropical treat
Take your family on a Safari in Minnesota with a visit to Safari North Zoo in Brainerd Minnesota. With hundreds of mammals, birds, reptiles, and primates there is a wildlife adventure that awaits you. Visit our North American exhibit where you will find grizzly bears, cougars, alligators, lynx, and a bald eagle. While you are at the zoo stop by the Africa Exhibit to take a ride on a camel and see giraffes, flamingos, hyenas, wildebeest, and zebras. With so many animals to see you can spend the whole day and see animals from Asia, North America, South America, Africa and Australia. There is so much to see and do as you dig for ancient dinosaurs, feed the giraffes, play in the wildlife play area, visit the barnyard and petting zoo, camel rides, have a parakeet encounter, and don’t forget the monkeys at Monkey World. You don’t need to pack a lunch, just stop by our snack shack to fill up. See you there!
For more information on Safari North Wildlife Park & Zoo visit their website.